Partnership with Local Community Centers
The JAG Works Community-based program takes the content that JAG is known for and makes it available through local community center facilities. Our partners provide in-kind office space, classroom and recreation space needed for workshop delivery and Professional Association meetings.
JAG Works Model Components:
- JAG core competencies through Project-based learning activities and educational weekly workshops;
- Leadership development, community service and engagement through Professional Association community activities;
- Career and educational focused field trips, guest speakers, student conferences;
- Leadership Camp and more!
Along with the JAG Advantage, we provide these amazing young people with guidance and connection to an array of opportunities including; professional and leadership development, peer/mentor support, team-building activities, self-advocacy coaching and the appropriate wrap-around services to help improve life outcomes while developing the next workforce gen!
JAG Works Areas of Focus:
- Interest, skills, and academic assessment
- Individual education and career plan development
- Identification and removal of barriers to education and employment success
- Personal and professional skill-building workshops, education & career counseling and occupational skills development and training
- Real-world experience through educational & employer engagement
- High demand career exploration through professional speaker series, worksite tours, community college and university tours
- Professional Association, a JAG Works’ participant-led fellowship that encourages and fosters community commitment through outreach initiatives that meet the needs of the community while fostering the philanthropic spirit,
- Career readiness modules including team work, customer service, problem solving, project management, communication, soft skills, entrepreneurship and much more
- 8th, 9th & 10th graders - High school transition strategies to help new-to-high school students and parents make the most of the high school experience and to better prepare for “life after diploma”.
To discuss hosting a JAG Works program in your community, please email Dianna.firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 602-216-9504.Inquire About This Program