SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
SRP is recruiting for an Experience Design Studio Intern. The ideal candidate should be committed to a minimum of a year with the potential of an extension, depending on performance. The immediate business need is for an average workweek of 20-25 hours, with weekend hours based on the department’s needs. However, there is availability for the student intern to work additional hours during the summer and school year, if their schedule allows. The preferred candidate should should be studying the disciplines of graphic design, visual arts, marketing, or other related fields.
- Design marketing and business development collateral, including presentations, brochures, invitations, announcements, newsletters, advertisements, promotional items, displays/signage, etc. that are in line with the organization’s brand and visual identity.
- Utilize Adobe Design software applications to conceptualize and create graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, oral presentations, and other visual communications media
- Ability to manage multiple projects with completing priorities, and following written or oral instructions.
- Interact with a variety of departments within SRP, as well as with customers and corporate partners.
- Maintain a working knowledge of SRP programs and initiatives, and educate customers at community events.
- Assist with event video support, event set-up and tear-down, including packing event materials, loading/unloading, and other tasks as needed.
- Proficient working in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient with MAC Platform.
- Experience and/or interest in developing skills related to video production, post production, event video support and photography.
- College sophomore or junior preferred.
- Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed.
- Able to gather comprehensive information to support decision marking.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Support and represent SRP in a professional manner at all times.
- Adaptable to interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Local travel needed, upon completion of the initial training period.
- Maintain a clean driving record and drive SRP vehicles after taking the required training.
Requisition ID: 10211
EOE - SRP encourages a diverse workforce
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Retirement pension
- Paid vacation
- Parental leave
- Holiday pay
- Sick leave
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Pre-tax benefits
- Short and long-term disability plans
- Tuition assistance